Nemeth Law's Raising the Bar2019 LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE
January 23, 2019
8:30 a.m until 11:45 a.m.
The beginning of a new year provides the perfect opportunity to take stock of where we’ve been as well as where we’re going. Michigan employers saw a flurry of legislative activity from the midterm elections through the end of the year affecting paid sick leave, minimum wage, and recreational marijuana. On a federal level, the NLRB has pulled back from numerous Obama-era policies, and federal circuit courts continue to issue contradictory opinions in sexual harassment and LGBTQ+ cases. As another new year begins, it is becoming clearer that changes can be expected. How will these changes affect your employment practices over the coming year and what should you be doing now to stay ahead of the game?
Join the attorneys of Nemeth Law, P.C. on January 23, 2019 when they will discuss how labor and employment law has changed over the past year and what you need to know to remain compliant in 2019.
Topics will include:
- New requirements for minimum wage and paid sick leave in Michigan.
- SCOTUS on arbitration – drafting agreements that work.
- Recreational marijuana – what can employers do to maintain a drug-free workplace?
- The effect of #MeToo on sexual harassment cases and challenges to the effectiveness of employer harassment prevention policies.
- EEO, DOL, and NLRB compliance updates.
When: Wednesday, January 23, 2019. Registration and breakfast will begin at 8:30 a.m.
The program will run from 9:00 a.m. until 11:45 a.m. with one fifteen minute break.
Where: Management Education Center | 811 West Square Lake Road | Troy, Michigan 48098
Registration: Cost of the event is $75 per person. Pre-registration is requested.
To register, e-mail Pamela Perkowski at email@example.com or you can call Pamela at