Nemeth Law's Raising the Bar2020 LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE
January 30, 2020
8:30 a.m until 11:45 a.m.
The beginning of a new year provides the perfect opportunity to take stock of where we’ve been as well as where we’re going. Three years after reversing course on proposed overtime rules, the DOL has at last issued final rules that take effect January 1. After nearly a decade of contradictory lower court rulings on Title VII protections for LGBTQ+ employees, the Supreme Court heard arguments in October that might finally decide the issue. Meanwhile, the NLRB continues to scale back previous rulings that both unionized and non-unionized employers found burdensome. How will these changes affect your employment practices over the coming year and what should you be doing now to stay ahead of the game?
Join the attorneys of Nemeth Law, P.C. on January 30, 2020 when they will discuss how labor and employment law has changed over the past year and what you need to know to remain compliant in 2020.
Topics will include:
- EEO Update – How will new enforcement guidance and trends affect workplace harassment and discrimination policies and procedures?
- Supreme Court Update – Employment cases that have been heard or that are in the pipeline that may change your non-discrimination and benefits policies.
- DOL Update – What you need to know to remain compliant with the FLSA and the FMLA.
- NLRB Update – New guidance and opinions that affect the non-unionized employer.
- ADA Litigation Trends – The good news and the bad news regarding reasonable accommodation.
- Michigan Law – Minimum wage, paid sick leave, and recreational marijuana one year later.
When: Thursday, January 30, 2020. Registration and breakfast will begin at 8:30 a.m. The program will run from 9:00 a.m. until 11:45 a.m. with one fifteen minute break.
Where: Management Education Center | 811 West Square Lake Road | Troy, Michigan 48098
Registration: Cost of the event is $75 per person. Pre-registration is requested. To register, e-mail Pamela Perkowski at email@example.com or you can call Pamela at (313) 567-5921.