Nemeth Law presents Raising the Bar Webinar on New Overtime Rules June 13, 2016
Detroit-based management side labor and employment law firm Nemeth Law, P.C. will present a webinar on new regulations that will extend overtime pay for an estimated 4.2 million employees across the country and increase wages by an estimated $12 billion over the next 10 years. The webinar, scheduled for June 13, 2016 from noon until 1:15 p.m., is offered as part of Nemeth Law’s Raising the Bar, an educational series raising employer awareness of current issues in employment and labor law.
On May 18, 2016, the U.S. Department of Labor changed salary requirements for workers to meet the white collar exemptions (executive, administrative and professional employees) under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The webinar will identify key changes in the regulations and help employers understand how the new regulations will affect their business. Topics will include:
- A review of the overtime requirements of the FLSA
- Exemptions under the FLSA and the regulatory tests for each
- The job duties test for the white-collar exemptions
- The new Department of Labor (DOL) test salary- what has changed and what hasn't
- Permissible and impermissible deductions
- Top worker misclassification issues
- The impact of the new regulations on an employer's workforce
Monday, June 13, 2016.
The program will run from noon until 1:15 p.m.
About Nemeth Law, P.C.
Nemeth Law specializes in arbitration, mediation, workplace investigations, employment litigation, traditional labor law and management consultation/training for private and public sector employers. It is the largest woman-owned law firm in Michigan to exclusively represent management in the prevention, resolution and litigation of labor and employment disputes.