Learn from leaders in management-side labor and employment law. We’re currently seeking an attorney with 0-2 years of experience to join our team. At Nemeth Bonnette Brouwer, our associate attorneys work closely with senior attorneys to learn how to draft pleadings, discovery requests and responses, position statements and discovery motions. Associates also review and analyze documents provided by clients and obtained through discovery
, to identify further discovery needed and assess our clients’ position. We work collaboratively with clients and let them define what victory means in each unique case. Our attorneys also are actively involved in the firm’s marketing and client outreach efforts, including social media. Excellent legal writing, analysis and research skills are an absolute minimum, but we’d also like to see a background in human resources or related areas, or classes in in litigation or employment law. If this sounds like you, please email your resume and a writing sample to Deborah Brouwer at email@example.com.
Legal Billing/Practice Administrator
We are seeking an experienced professional to oversee the billing, financial and administrative operations of the firm, including legal billing, A/R, A/P, and management of vendor relationships. A successful candidate should have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks. The ideal candidate will have experience with legal billing platforms such as Legal X, Counsel Link, Tymetrix.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, vision and dental, SIMPLE IRA, life insurance, paid holidays and PTO.
- Prepare and submit attorney billings, working with various invoicing platforms for submission of client bills;
- Learn and apply insurance company billing standards and protocols;
- Manage cash flow, including preparation of invoices and financial statements;
- Generate accounting and productivity reports for the Firm President and outside Firm Accountant, weekly and monthly;
- Manage vendor relationships, vendor contracts and vendor payments;
- Process employee payroll using Paychex, including maintaining employee time off requests;
- Manage client accounts ensuring accuracy and timely collections.
- On-boarding of employees;
- Work with Firm insurance consultants;
- Maintain Firm business certifications;
- Work with Firm Technology Consultants (computer and website) and Public Relations consultants (social media)
- Well organized, with strong time management skills;
- Overall attention to detail;
- Accounting skills;
- Computer skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work hours outside regular office hours as needed. Core business hours are 8:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- 3+ years of legal billing
- 2+ years accounts receivable
- 2+ years accounts payable
- Basic knowledge of standard office equipment
If interested, please send your resume to Deborah Brouwer at firstname.lastname@example.org.