To our clients and friends,
As we celebrate the one-year anniversary of our name change, we wanted to pause and thank you for your continued support of Nemeth Bonnette Brouwer. It has been extremely rewarding to lead our firm into the next generation. Throughout the firm’s 30+ year journey, we have retained a deep and abiding respect for our clients, and that has never been truer than it is now, as you lead your employees in a dynamic era of unprecedented workplace change.
2023 has been a particularly exciting year for Nemeth Bonnette Brouwer, not only because of our new name and website. In addition to the countless successful outcomes we have achieved for our clients, it has also been a banner year for firm recognition. We are immensely grateful for this recognition and are pleased to share some of the honors and awards the firm and its attorneys have received from the legal profession and business community this year.
- Best Lawyers® ranked our firm as a first-tier law firm in the 14th edition of the United States Best Law Firms®.
- Firm Partners Deborah Brouwer and Terry Bonnette, along with of counsel attorney Patricia Nemeth, were named DBusiness Top Lawyers in employment law by DBusiness Magazine.
- Deborah Brouwer - the firm’s managing partner - was named a Notable Leader in Labor and Employment Law by Crain’s Detroit Business.
- Deborah Brouwer, Terry Bonnette and Patricia Nemeth were recognized as 2023 Michigan Super Lawyers.
- Deborah Brouwer and Patricia Nemeth were named to the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, while partner Nicholas Huguelet was named to the prestigious Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America.
- In July, the trio of Deborah Brouwer, Terry Bonnette and Patricia Nemeth were named 2023 Leading Lawyers, an honor bestowed on fewer than 5% of Michigan’s licensed attorneys. Brouwer and Nemeth were also listed as Leading Lawyers Top Women Leaders.
- Deborah Brouwer’s article “E-sigs – as bad as E-cigs?” in the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel’s Quarterly journal was selected as Best Article for 2023.
- Nemeth Bonnette Brouwer’s new website received numerous awards, including silver honors in “Law & Legal Services” and “Website Features: Best Visual Appeal-Aesthetics” categories.
Additional details on all firm awards can be found in the news section of our website. Separately, Nemeth Bonnette Brouwer was once again selected as the exclusive contributor on Michigan employment law for Lexology, the web-based provider of legal content to in-house counsel and law firms around the world. In Lexology Getting The Deal Through Employment: North America - USA, Deborah Brouwer served as lead author, writing the summary of essential employment laws and trends for Michigan.
Our accomplishments are all made possible through your trust in our legal counsel. In this season of Thanksgiving, we are extremely appreciative of the confidence you place in Nemeth Bonnette Brouwer, thank you for it, and look forward to serving you in the years ahead.
Sincerely and Ever So Gratefully,