Nemeth Law attorneys discuss timely labor and employment topics in the third and fourth quarters of 2018
Attorneys with Detroit-based management side labor and employment law firm Nemeth Law, P.C., made several presentations during the second half of 2018. The discussions covered a variety of employment law topics:
- On Nov. 1, founder and partner Patricia Nemeth presented at the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) in Plymouth, Mich., on Sexual Harassment Policies and Investigations: Handle Workplace Investigation with Confidence.
- Patricia Nemeth also led a program on Managing the Arbitration Process with Pro Se Parties at the American Arbitration Association (AAA) Employment Roundtable Breakfast in Novi, Mich., on Oct. 23.
- On Oct. 17, partner Terry Bonnette spoke about Best Practices for Managing Competing Rights in the Workplace at the 2018 Michigan Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (MISHRM) Conference & Exhibition in Traverse City, Mich.
- Terry Bonnette also spoke to insurance brokerage audiences on How Technology is Changing the Workplace on Sept. 26 and 27 in Troy, Mich., and Novi, Mich.
- Nemeth Law was a supporting sponsor of the American Society of Employers (ASE) Employment Law Workshop in Livonia, Mich., on August 9. Terry Bonnette presented on Managing the "Tug of War" Between Proactive Diversity & Inclusion Efforts and Legal Risk Concerns at the VisTaTech Center.
In addition, Nemeth Law partners participated in multiple media opportunities. On Oct. 2, partner Terry Bonnette was interviewed on Fox 2 News Detroit on the topic of telecommuting and virtual employment, and he authored an article, 10 Factors Employers Address in Telecommuting Policies, which appeared in the Oct. 3 Detroit Legal News. Partner Deborah Brouwer also authored an article in the Detroit Legal News—’Tis the season…for personal injury claims?—which appeared Nov. 23.
Senior attorney Sara M. Moore was interviewed by 910am SuperStation on Nov. 8, regarding recreational marijuana in the workplace; in addition, she was interviewed and quoted in a Michigan Lawyers Weekly article, Employers prep for new marijuana law, on Nov. 21. Partner Terry Bonnette looked at year-end employment issues in a Detroit Legal News article, Michigan employers to tackle yet another change to their policy manuals, on Dec. 18.
Nemeth Law’s videos, podcasts, and blog posts also continue to cover timely topics in employment law including Holiday Office Parties and Marijuana in the Workplace. Videos can be viewed on the Nemeth Law YouTube channel.
About Nemeth Law, P.C.
Nemeth Law specializes in arbitration, mediation, workplace investigations, employment litigation, traditional labor law and management consultation/training for private and public sector employers. It is the largest woman-owned law firm in Michigan to exclusively represent management in the prevention, resolution and litigation of labor and employment disputes.
- Of Counsel